Seco’s Highfeed milling cutters permit up to three times faster machining than conventional methods. Shallow depths of cut paired with high feed per tooth rates provide greater metal removal rates for intensely high levels of productivity. Now, Seco introduces two new families into its Highfeed line up, including Highfeed 2, which is the world's smallest high feed milling cutter with indexable inserts.
Highfeed 2 and Highfeed 4 both incorporate new close-pitch and normal pitch designs, together with new inserts – LP05 and LO06 – that allow for more teeth/insert pockets per cutter diameter, as compared to the existing Highfeed range. With more teeth, they excel in high-velocity, high-speed cutting of hard and tough-to-machine materials – especially when using smaller machines with high-rpm/low torque spindles. Performance results of the new cutters in terms of speed and efficiency far exceed those using larger, higher horsepower machines and taking slower heavier cuts.
HIGHFEED 2 LP05 INSERTS
The inserts feature two cutting edges for indexable technology in cutter diameters down to 12 mm (.5"). Seco engineered the Highfeed 2 inserts specifically to handle sticky materials such as stainless steels, titanium and superalloys. Most importantly, the positive LP inserts provide a first choice for applications requiring a higher ramping angle or superior plunging performance.
HIGHFEED 4 LO06 INSERTS
These double-sided inserts provide four cutting edges for cost-effective machining. With high performance in larger diameters, the cutters are extremely efficient in the machining of most common workpiece materials.
- Indexable insert technology applied to small cutter diameters with LP05 inserts
- Additional cutting teeth per cutter diameter
- Highfeed 2 is world's smallest high feed milling cutter with indexable inserts
- Special close-pitch and negative-pocket cutter designs and reinforced insert cross sections with LO06 inserts
- Various insert grades and geometries
- Dedicated insert cutting edges for hard materials up to 62 HRc
- Optimised cutter body flutes
- Single-sided LP05 inserts for 12 mm (.5") to 20-mm-diameter (.75") cutter bodies
- ME, M and MD insert geometries
- Includes Combimaster™ heads and cylindrical shanks
- Double-sided LO06 inserts for 20 mm (.75") to 63-mm-diameter (2.5") cutter bodies
- ME, M, MD and D insert geometries
- Includes Combimaster, cylindrical shank and shell end types
HIGHFEED 2 LP05 CASE STUDY CUTTING DATA:
Material: INCONEL 625 (UNS N06022) SMG S3
Overhang: 155 mm
vc: 35 m/min (114.8 sfm)
n: 928 rpm
fz: 0.4 mm (.016")
ft: 0.8 mm (.031")
vf: 743 mm/min (29.25"/min)
ap: 0.15 mm (.006")
ae: 6 mm (.236")
Cut time: 75 min
Coolant: internal coolant