These tools can also be used for plunge milling.
Diameter range from 1 - 16 mm.
With the High Feed Machining strategy you can optimize milling operations and lower production costs in deep and shallow 3D pockets.
- High productivity due to high feed capability
- Easy programming by Z-levelling
- Large overhang possible without vibrations due to low radial forces
- Plunge capability
- Cost effective
High-feed milling can remove metal from a workpiece at rates that are up to 30 percent faster than traditional methods. This significant boost in productivity, however, can only be achieved with the right cutting tools. Meet the JHF181, the latest addition to the Jabro-HFM family of solidcarbide end mills.
Because it can take small depths of cut at high table feeds, the JHF181 is an excellent choice for any high-feed milling strategy, especially when it involves machining ISO H and S materials via helical interpolation, ramping or Z-leveling.
Our new HXT coating adds a hard top layer to the JHF181, resulting in advanced thermal protection and high wear resistance. The special edge preparation that occurs prior to coating helps reduce edge chipping. As such, JHF181 provides up to 30 percent more tool life than other comparable solid-carbide end mills when processing ISO H materials.
• Developed for high-feed milling strategies in ISO H and S materials
• Performs advanced machining methods such as helical interpolation
• Reliable end mill with extreme productivity potential
• Rigid tapered neck design reduces tool defl ection
• Flute design and rear tooth angle support eff ective chip removal
• Exclusive HXT coating contributes to high wear resistance
• Available in 3-, 4- or 5-fl ute options
• Cutting diameters from 2 mm to 16 mm
• Length options range from 2xDCX to 7xDCX
• Through-tool coolant capability (6 mm to 12 mm diameters)
With the right cutting tool and machine, high feed machining can produce metal removal rates that are significantly higher than conventional methods. The Jabro-HFM JHF980 solid-carbide end mills are a top choice in high feed machining — and now even more so with new 4- and 5-flute cutter options.
Engineered for extremely productive face, slot and select plunge milling applications, the tool takes advantage of the latest design and grinding developments to incorporate an increased number of flutes. This doubles the feed rate capability compared to previous Jabro end mills. And, when applied at the same table feed rates as the prior tools, these new high feed cutters deliver increased tool life results.
Optimal application of the Jabro high feed cutters depends on the machine tool, CNC and programming capabilities, as well as the workpiece material and part size. High feed machining pairs shallow axial depths of cut with accelerated table feed rates to produce the increased metal removal rates. Cutting forces are directed axially into the spindle, stabilising the operation as well as minimising vibration and machine wear.
• Solid-carbide high feed tools excel in face, slot and plunge milling
• High feed capabilities yield significant productivity gains
• Reduced production costs when processing deep and shallow pockets
• Longer tool life than previous cutters when applied at the same table feed rates
• Low radial forces minimise vibration and machine wear
• Wide application area covered, from steel to exotic materials
• 4-flute end mill diameters from 2 mm to 6 mm
• 5-flute end mill diameters from 8 mm to 12 mm
• 1.5xD, 3xD, 5xD and 7xD length versions available