Seco offers a wide range of tools and expert solutions for secure and productive machining of large forgings and heavy castings.
These tools are optimised and engineered with the latest technology to provide large working depths, long overhangs, reliable and durable insert life, dedicated chip breaking and high material removal rates. They are highly stable and excel in handling extreme surface conditions. Our range of Duratomic® grades, which incorporates special coatings manipulated at the atomic level, provide tough and strong performance across all common workpiece materials. These proprietary grades also offer high insert life, making them an ideal solution for applications requiring long times in a cut. We also offer dedicated grades to maximise performance with low cutting speeds in demanding applications, as well as range expansions developed in response to the increased demand for large components made of superalloys, such as Inconel.
Our standard programme includes:
- Wide range of ISO inserts for super heavy roughing and finishing.
- Large shank toolholders in both metric and inch dimensions.
- Railway wheel, axle & related component solutions.
- Railway wheel re-turning solutions (RWRT)
- Modern and traditional heavy milling cutters.
- A complete range of threading solutions, etc.
SUPER HEAVY ROUGHING WITH POSITIVE SCREW CLAMPED INSERTS
SCMT25 and SCMT38
For economic smooth cutting thanks to 4 cutting edges and positive inserts.
2 new geometries: RR96 and RR97 for better stability and chip breaking.
Toolholders with strong screw clamping shank sizes: 40x40 mm (1.5“x1.5“), 50x50 mm (2“x2“), 60x60 mm (2.5“x2.5“)
SUPER HEAVY ROUGHING WITH NEGATIVE INSERTS LNMX401432 AND LNMX501432
3 new geometries: RR93, RR96 and RR97; RR97 with fixing hole ø6.35 mm
Toolholders shank sizes:50x50 mm (2“x2“), 60x60 mm (2.5“x2.5“)
HEAVY ROUGHING-NEGATIVE EXTENDED ISO RANGE
Tool holders: PSBNR/L, PSSNN, PCBNR/L,
Inserts: SNMx19/2507/2509, CNMx19/25
Extended geometries: MR7, R6, RR9, R56, R57, R68, R7, R8
R7 : Strong & guaranteed performance.
R68: new chip breaker positined between R6 and R7 for steel applications.
Toolholder shank sizes: 40x40 mm, 50x50 mm, (1.5“x1.5“, 2“x2“)
SOLUTIONS FOR RAILWAY WHEELS, AXLES & RELATED COMPONENTS
Seco understands the complexities involved in machining new railway wheels, axles and related components. Our broad range of solutions are designed to successfully take the unique challenges and allows you to optimise the machining with secure and productive results.
EXTENDED ISO PROFILING POSITIVE INSERT RANGE
Inserts: RCMx2006, RCMx2507, RCMx3209
Three new geometries: R2, RR94 and RR97
R2: for finishing of new railway wheels at low depth and feed
RR94: for roughing of new railway wheels at medium feeds
RR97: for heavy roughing of high sigmoid at high feed rate
Toolholders: PRDCN, PRGCL/R
Shank sizes: 32x32, 40x40, 50x50 mm, (1.25“x1.25“, 1.5“x1.5“, 2“x2“)
Apart from the standard solutions mentioned above, Seco offers custom designed products to meet the needs of various industry segments
• Pipe and plate scarfing solutions
• Bar peeling inserts and cassettes for peeling heads
• Chamfer milling (strip edge milling) of pipes (I profile, X profile)
• Parting off tubes and shafts (large slitting cutters)
• Pipe beveling and chamfering.
• Crank shaft milling for marine and locomotive engines
• Rail milling (sliding rail, slip rail bearing plate) and track milling
• Gear milling, hobbing, gashing and rotary screw milling.
• Chamfer mills, counter sunk mills and form mills.
Pipe Scarfing Solutions
Seco offers both internal and external scarfing solutions for different materials,
including carbon steels, alloyed steels, stainless steels, hardened steels and
Negative inserts: SNMX15/19/25, SNMA25
Toolholders and inserts in 3 geometries, Unique “Vulcano” geometry
Tube diameter range: 8-300 mm
Positive inserts: SDUX19/25, For precision, high-speed scarfing for soft materials
Ring scarfing inserts: Tube diameter range: 12-400 m
Eg: SR8-R46 (Scarfing ring with insert size 8 and working radius 45.6mm)
Tangential scarfing inserts: Single- & double-sided inserts; diameter range: 6-60 mm
Eg: ST1-X2-R40 (Tangential scarfing insert, double sided with working radius 40mm)
BAR PEELING INSERTS (ON REQUEST)
Bar peeling is a method used to remove surface oxide scale, mill scale,
surface cracks, and other imperfections from hot-rolled and forged bar and
tubes. The size of a blank can vary from 4 mm to over 400 mm in diameter. Bar
peeling is also applied to thick-walled tubes. Many bar peeling inserts are also
used for finish turning by virtue of its small approach angle (peel turning).
Seco offers different types of inserts and tools for bar peeling applications,
including LNMX38/40/47, RNGM38, RNMX38/50, TNGX15/33,
TNMX15/49 and TNGX15/33.
SEGMENTS WE SERVE
• Energy: power generation, wind power, nuclear energy
• Oil & Gas and pipe industry
• Aerospace: first stage machining
• Railway: wheel and axle machining; rail milling, locomotive engines
• Metallurgy: steel mills and rolling mills
• Heavy equipment: construction, defence, earth moving, sugar
• Engineering: large components (stainless steels and superalloys).
Seco has strengthened its heavy machining range and emerged as a top class solution supplier for secure and productive heavyturning, heavy milling and special applications.
Heavy holder inch expansion
The highly successful range of heavy machining toolholders has been expanded to include inch sizes. The benefits of these robust products can now be applied to an even wider range of applications.