MM4500 is developed specifically for applications requiring a very tough insert. When conditions are unstable with long overhangs, interrupted cut or vibrations, MM4500 is the grade to use.
Although it is optimised for duplex stainless steel, MM4500 also has the necessary properties to machine a wide range of materials in unstable cutting conditions.
When cutting data has to be reduced due to unstable conditions, MM4500 will give a reliable wear and a longer tool life.
- For unstable conditions – interrupted cuts, long overhang, vibrations etc.
- When reliability is the priority and smooth, consistent wear is preferred.
- Cutting speeds generally lower than 150 m/min in Seco Material Group 8 -11.
- This grade is excellent at low to moderate temperatures and MM4500 performs with or without coolant.
- Problem solver in difficult to machine materials (duplex stainless, Inconel, Titanium alloys etc.).
- When T350M, F40M and other P40-grades are not tough enough; or wear by chipping MM4500 can be used.