Improved sales and higher earnings
* Revenue for the quarter increased 19 per cent at fixed exchange rates and 17 per cent in SEK and amounted to SEK 1,850 M (1,577).
* Operating profit for the fourth quarter rose 15 per cent to SEK 370 M (322), corresponding to an operating margin of 20.0 per cent (20.4).
* Revenue for the full year increased 27 per cent at fixed exchange rates and amounted to SEK 7,043 M (5,858).
* Operating profit totalled SEK 1,408 M (1,098), corresponding to an operating margin of 20.0 per cent (18.7).
* Profit after tax for the full year was SEK 954 M (742). Earnings per share for the full year amounted to SEK 6.56 (5.10).
* The new facility for cemented carbide powder in Fagersta has now been completed and is ready to go onstream.
* As a result of the public offer from Sandvik to acquire all remaining shares in Seco Tools, Sandvik controlled about 98.7 per cent of the shares and 99.6 per cent of the votes in Seco Tools on 16 January 2012.