Bridge Bars and Jumbo Bridge Bars
Seco® has a complete range of Bridge Bars and Jumbo Bridge bars for large diameter boring, overturning and grooving.
- The Bridge Bar range covers diameters 204 to 655 mm (8.03 to 25.78 inches).
- The Jumbo Bridge Bars are made of high tensile aluminium with steel interfaces cover the 654 - 2155 mm (25.75 to 84.843 inches) diameter range.
- Precision and reliability
- Excellent rigidity - strong design (boring blocks clamped within the Bridge Bar, Bridge Bars clamped within the Jumbo body),
- Easy assembly and adjustment of the blocks using a cam driving mechanism,
- Better results than e.g, milling by interpolation: better quality,
lower machining times, less stress on machine spindle.
- Large range of diameters as standard products,
- Modular concept - Jumbo Bridge Bars use standard Bridge Bars and boring blocks,
- Symmetrical or staggered boring possible for rough boring,
- Large OD-overturning possible,
- Same insert holder for roughing and finishing.
- User friendly
- Rough and fine boring using the same Bridge Bar,
- Micrometric screw on the side of the bars for easy access and setting,
- Angular orientation every 30 degrees for easy storing in machine magazines,
- Seco unique on the new A731S bridge bars: through coolant supply (upto 70 bars) directly to the cutting edge.
Read more about Bridge bars boring heads in Machining Navigator/Holemaking.