RIGHT TO PARTICIPATION
In order to be entitled to participate in the Annual General Meeting, shareholders must be recorded in the share register maintained by Euroclear Sweden AB on Saturday, 21 April 2012. Shareholders whose shares are registered in the name of a nominee must temporarily have re-registered the shares in their own name with Euroclear Sweden AB on Saturday, 21 April 2012. Note that this procedure also applies to shareholders who use bank custody accounts and/or who trade via the Internet.
NOTICE OF PARTICIPATION
Shareholders who wish to participate in the Meeting must notify the Company in writing to Seco Tools AB, Ekonomi, SE-737 82 Fagersta, Sweden, by telephone +46 (0)223-401 21/401 22 weekdays 9:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m. and 1:00-4:00 p.m., or by Internet via Seco Tools’ website (www.secotools.com/notification). Notification must be received by Seco Tools AB not later than Monday, 23 April 2012.
When providing notice of participation, shareholders must state their name, personal identity or corporate registration number, address, telephone number and the names of any advisors. If the shareholder intends to participate through a proxy, a proxy must be submitted well in advance of the Meeting. Proxy forms can be downloaded from the Company’s website (www.secotools.com/proxy).
1. Opening of the Meeting.
2. Election of the Chairman of the Meeting.
3. Preparation and approval of the voting list.
4. Election of one or two persons to verify the minutes.
5. Approval of the agenda.
6. Determination of whether the Meeting has been duly convened.
7. Presentation of the annual report and the audit report.
8. Resolution regarding adoption of the income statement and balance sheet.
9. Resolution regarding discharge from liability for the members of the Board of Directors and the President for the period covered by the report.
10. Resolution regarding appropriation of the Company’s profits according to the adopted balance sheet.
11. Resolution regarding the number of Board members and deputies, and the number of auditors.
12. Resolution regarding fees to be paid to the Board of Directors and auditors.
13. Election of Board members.
14. Election of auditors.
15. Adjournment of the Meeting.
PROPOSAL FOR RESOLUTION
Item 10 - Appropriation of profits
The Board of Directors proposes that the Annual General Meeting resolve that no distribution of dividend be made and that instead the profits available for distribution, amounting to 1,250,746,837.16 SEK, be carried forward.
INFORMATION AT THE ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
The Board of Directors and the President must, if a shareholder so requests and the Board of Directors considers it possible without this resulting in material damage to the Company, provide information concerning, firstly, conditions that could influence the assessment of items on the agenda, secondly, conditions that could influence assessments of the financial condition of the Company or subsidiaries and, thirdly, the Company’s relationship to other Group companies.
The annual report and audit report will be available not later than Thursday, 5 April 2012 at Seco Tools AB and on the Company’s website (www.secotools.com). These documents will be sent free of charge to those shareholders who so request.
Fagersta, March 2012
SECO TOOLS AKTIEBOLAG (PUBL)
The Board of Directors