Record earnings and substantially improved sales
* Revenue for the quarter increased 31 per cent at fixed exchange rates and 19 per cent in SEK to the record level of SEK 1,775 M (1,485).
* Operating profit for the second quarter rose 25 per cent to SEK 389 M (311), corresponding to an operating margin of 21.9 per cent (20.9).
* The interim period’s profit after tax was SEK 520 M (358).
* Earnings per share for the quarter were the highest ever posted and amounted to SEK 1.89 (1.46). Earnings per share were 3.57 (2.46) for the six-month period.
* Investments in emerging markets continued during the quarter, including the inauguration of a distribution centre in China