Duratomic® TM2000 and TM4000
Solutions to the Stainless Challenge
Due to the Duratomic® coating, the TM2000 and TM4000 grades are the obvious choice for high volume and unmanned production.
The Duratomic® coating provides exceptional tool life and the opportunity to increase cutting data. Other features include the extreme resistance to flank wear and edge build-up which results in excellent surface finish and higher accuracy. The ability to handle mixed production, both material and application, means more parts out the door with fewer changes, smaller tooling inventories and a faster turn-around.
TM2000 and TM4000 inserts cover the majority of stainless steel turning applications, from finishing to heavy roughing, where productivity and reliability are of major importance.
The TM2000/4000 areas - productivity in stainless steel turning, ISO M20 - M40
These two grades provide:
• Simplicity and ease of use
• Reduced tool compensations and adjustments on the machine
• Increased machine utilization and productivity
• Improved part quality and machining confidence
• Reduced tool inventory and simplified logistics